To maintain a high standard of cleanliness, rooms properly supplied and free of maintenance problems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be aware and abide by Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action legislation and the hotel’s policies in regards to harassment prevention.
- Work in a safe manner and abide by Occupational Health & Safety legislation and the hotel’s policies in regards to accident and incident reporting procedures.
- Report to the Housekeeping Supervisor on a daily basis.
- Abide by the policies and procedures as set out in the HRC Handbook.
- Wear the appropriate uniform as supplied by the hotel.
- Attend all rostered shifts including shift work and weekend work in accordance with rosters.
- Work in any area and complete any tasks as directed by the Housekeeping Supervisor, Senior Supervisor and Management.
- Be pro-active in your approach to the job and work within the specific standards and procedures of The HRC Group Sydney. Attend all training sessions and meetings as and when required.
Uniforms: Collect from Uniform Issue area.
Keys: Sign key out in Key log book provided at the beginning of the shift and back in at the end of each shift.Sign start time in on time sheet.
Buckets: Collect cleaning equipment.
Cleaning Rags: Collect from Housekeeping at start of each shift. Upon completion, return to Laundry for cleaning.
Trolleys: Collect trolley from service area. Ensure trolley is repacked at the end of the shift and trolley service area is tidy.
Room Checks: First check all vacant and clean rooms, report any discrepancies. Eg: vacant and clean being dirty or vacant and dirty being clean.
Lost Property: Report all lost and found to Supervisor. Valuable items must be reported immediately to Security / Risk Management.These items are then to be placed in the safe in Security /Risk Management.
Maintenance: Report all problems to the Housekeeping office immediately.
Curtains & Valance: Check condition. If repairs are needed, or if stained, call Housekeeping for replacement before making bed.
Rooms: Clean all rooms to the Standard as required by The HRC Group & Hotel.
Amenities: Ensure these are replaced as needed When additional guest in room, ensure extra amenities are placed.
Fridge: Ensure fridge is clean and defrosted.
Laundry Bags: Ensure these are supplied in all rooms and replaced when used.
All rooms are to be 100% before being placed back in the system as clean.
Trolleys: To be returned to the service area at completion of shift.These are to be placed in service area neatly and correctly. Ensure pantry area is tidy, secure and locked.
Buckets: To be cleaned and check that they have all the required equipment.
Time sheet and Keys: Return work sheet and keys to Housekeeping Supervisor,sign in keys and complete Time Sheet ensuring details have been checked by Supervisor. If you feel you are the right person for the please attach your resume and Apply stating the position that you are applying for.
Please note: this job description is meant as a guide only and should not limit your duties with HRC